Back to the Future UHD - Retail

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
brownSys

Back to the Future UHD - Retail

Post by brownSys »

Getting error. Dump attached.

This is the first movie, standard, US.
Last edited by brownSys on Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock

Re: Back to the Future UHD - Retail

Post by Woodstock »

Emailing the dump file to svq@makemkv.com will get action faster than uploading here.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
brownSys

Post by brownSys »

Emailing the dump file to svq@makemkv.com will get action faster than uploading here.
Thanks. Done.
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

Might Work now :D
brownSys

Post by brownSys »

Trickyd-1 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:53 pm
Might Work now :D
Yesir, seems to be working now. Not completed yet but certainly getting further along. I'll update if I have further issues.

Cheers!
dingchow

Post by dingchow »

Anybody else having issues with BTTF 3 uhd disc? Im getting The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
preserve

Post by preserve »

dingchow wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:54 am
Anybody else having issues with BTTF 3 uhd disc? Im getting The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
From the FAQ that is stickied at the top of this forum:

MakeMKV says that "the volume key is unknown for this disc"?
MakeMKV produces an AACS .tgz dump file whenever you try to open a disc for which the key is unknown, and will report that the dump has been created. Submit the dump file to svq@makemkv.com.

I see a movie discussed in the forum, but MakeMKV won't open my disc.
There are multiple versions of UHDs for each movie (countries, retailers, rentals) and there may be multiple keys for even the same version, so it's possible that your particular disc isn't decrypted yet. Submit the dump file!
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
D3IIOT

Post by D3IIOT »

Same thing here with the 3rd disc. This is the Canadian retail version (non tin box edition). I submitted the resulting file so will just have to wait and see.
Metallikahn

Post by Metallikahn »

I'm having issues with BTTF 3 as well. MakeMKV 1.15.3 on my linux docker gives the failed to open disc error. On windows 1.15.3 it opens fine. The disc gets hashcheck errors about 30 minutes in to the rip, however and errors out. I tried doing a full disc backup on the linux version and it failed at around the same point in the main movie file. Figured I had a bad disc and exchanged it for a new one. I am now having the exact same issues. I'm currently trying a full disc backup on my windows version. No idea why this movie would have an issue while the other 2 discs in the set have worked fine.
dingchow

Post by dingchow »

preserve wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:21 pm
dingchow wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:54 am
Failed to open disc
From the FAQ that is stickied at the top of this forum:

MakeMKV says that "the volume key is unknown for this disc"?
MakeMKV produces an AACS .tgz dump file whenever you try to open a disc for which the key is unknown, and will report that the dump has been created. Submit the dump file to svq@makemkv.com.

I see a movie discussed in the forum, but MakeMKV won't open my disc.
There are multiple versions of UHDs for each movie (countries, retailers, rentals) and there may be multiple keys for even the same version, so it's possible that your particular disc isn't decrypted yet. Submit the dump file!
I know thissss man.... I sumitted the dump file days before posting here. Hmmm maybe I should have put that IN my post....
dingchow

Post by dingchow »

Its working now. Canadian version
Thanks for the awsome SW
agentbanks

Post by agentbanks »

I just got the Ultimate Trilogy from Best Buy. Disk one is not able to read. just Spins. Disk two and three are fine.
The version I isn't the steal book version. the sku = 6422288 from best buy. not sure if they have a dump of this version yet?
Anyone else having this issue with the first disk of this version?
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

agentbanks wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:09 am
I just got the Ultimate Trilogy from Best Buy. Disk one is not able to read. just Spins. Disk two and three are fine.
The version I isn't the steal book version. the sku = 6422288 from best buy. not sure if they have a dump of this version yet?
Sku and/or other packaging information are irrelevant to the decryption and/or successful reading of a disk by MakeMKV.

So, you have to provide more detailed information as to what is actually happening on your end as it relates to MakeMKV, so that forum members can more accurately advise where possible. E.g. Is MakeMKV returning any errors? Or is it simply not doing anything at all? Any error logs you can post or screenshots of the errors if any are being returned? What drive(s) do you have? Etc.
agentbanks

Post by agentbanks »

Sku and/or other packaging information are irrelevant to the decryption and/or successful reading of a disk by MakeMKV.

So, you have to provide more detailed information as to what is actually happening on your end as it relates to MakeMKV, so that forum members can more accurately advise where possible. E.g. Is MakeMKV returning any errors? Or is it simply not doing anything at all? Any error logs you can post or screenshots of the errors if any are being returned? What drive(s) do you have? Etc.

I open the drive, put the disk in. The light blinks on the drive like its reading. In MakeMkv, the disk icon blinks like its reading. after a min or two. it turns gray. No errors, are displayed. only thing that is displayed is "MakeMKV v1.15.3 win(x64-release) started Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\shann/MakeMKV_log.txt" Nothing else. Also, I took the disk back to BestBuy, thinking maybe it was a bad disk. I tried again with a new disk. Same issue.
This is exactly what is happening when I put in Disk 1. https://youtu.be/lzM2aKOpz-U

From the Debug log.
Debug log started at Thu Nov 12 03:43:35 2020 , written by MakeMKV v1.15.3 win(x64-release)
Using 262272KB for read cache.
001005:0000 MakeMKV v1.15.3 win(x64-release) started
001004:0000 Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as file://C:\Users\shann/MakeMKV_log.txt
Network access is ENABLED, CURL version 7.72.0/Schannel/1.41.0 (x86_64-pc-win32) , proxy server not set.
DEBUG: Code 3 at !-!"R$A%ucExUN:=,c&[KL| :29395310
SDF v07c: HL-DT-ST_BD-RE__WH14NS40_1.05_212005061444_M6CIB9H3027
Attachments
image.png
image.png (25.6 KiB) Viewed 20356 times
image2.png
image2.png (10.63 KiB) Viewed 20356 times
image3.png
image3.png (17.31 KiB) Viewed 20356 times
Last edited by agentbanks on Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
TallCoolOne

Post by TallCoolOne »

agentbanks wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:09 am
I bought the same one from Best Buy also...I ripped 1 & 3 easily no problems, but BTTF2 gave the old unknown key error, I submitted the tgz file.