No disc Inserted

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Archbishopfocwod

No disc Inserted

Post by Archbishopfocwod »

I keep getting "NO DISC INSERTED" when I try ripping "Aladdin", "Avengers - Endgame", "Black Panther" , and disc 2 of "Game of Thrones season 1".
brownSys

Re: No disc Inserted

Post by brownSys »

Try running makemkv as administrator.
Archbishopfocwod

I got it to burn black panther by cleaning the lens with rubbing alcohol, but trying another disc came up with the same "No disc" error. When running as an admin It also fails but gave me a debug file which I have attached.

I have a feeling it must be the drive because it makes weird grinding type noises on the initial reading of the discs that didn't happen on the first couple days of ripping my collection.
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(577 Bytes) Downloaded 341 times
Archbishopfocwod

Also doesn't seem like it is spinning the disc. I put the disc in a certain way and when I eject the disc it hasn't changed positions.
Archbishopfocwod

Tried everything I could think of still can't get the drive to work in any program or windows explorer
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

If its not spinning the disc then the drive could be dead. Before condemning it though try some different firmware on it. I would try BH16NS60 1.02 and BH16NS55 1.02 then WH16NS60 1.0

If you cant see the disc in windows explorer then it has to be a physical fault with the drive or disc, firmware or sleep bug where the drive needs powering off and on.
Digital moe

Post by Digital moe »

I seem to be getting this a lot too, starting to think I should get a new drive, but last week I managed to rip a whole bunch of films that kept failing buy using the cleaning method that often gets recommended on here. Get a large dish like a baking or roasting pan. Fill it with some water and then put some alcohol cleaner solution in there as well and leave in there for a few minutes.

Then use a microfiber cloth to wipe the disc clean, remember always wipe from the middle out never circular.

That didn't fix the issue with all my disc, my drive fails with almost any disc that has multiple movies using branching.
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

Digital moe wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:37 pm
I seem to be getting this a lot too, starting to think I should get a new drive, but last week I managed to rip a whole bunch of films that kept failing buy using the cleaning method that often gets recommended on here. Get a large dish like a baking or roasting pan. Fill it with some water and then put some alcohol cleaner solution in there as well and leave in there for a few minutes.

Then use a microfiber cloth to wipe the disc clean, remember always wipe from the middle out never circular.

That didn't fix the issue with all my disc, my drive fails with almost any disc that has multiple movies using branching.
I don't think a new drive will solve it. I have 2x LG drives and an Asus in different machines and they all play funny buggers with the latest discs.
Archbishopfocwod

I ended up getting a replacement through amazon, and I am back up and running again.
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

Archbishopfocwod wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:21 pm
I ended up getting a replacement through amazon, and I am back up and running again.
Oh well that’s good :D