Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
shawnc22

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by shawnc22 »

Larrikin wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:01 am
shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:59 am
Does makemkv not show BL+FEL+RPU when opening the disk? Does the new mediainfo not detect dolby vision?
No and no. And to doubly test it, I downloaded a full complete UHD copy and tried it with MKV and same result. I also tried on multiple computers all with the latest (registered) version of MakeMKV.
Not sure what you're doing wrong, but my copy is showing up as BL+FEL+RPU just fine. Are you sure you're opening the title that's labeled as "Terminator: Dark Fate - 20 chapter(s), 58.3 GB". Otherwise, double check the version of your makemkv.
Larrikin

Post by Larrikin »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:44 pm
Larrikin wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:59 am
Does makemkv not show BL+FEL+RPU when opening the disk? Does the new mediainfo not detect dolby vision?
No and no. And to doubly test it, I downloaded a full complete UHD copy and tried it with MKV and same result. I also tried on multiple computers all with the latest (registered) version of MakeMKV.
Not sure what you're doing wrong, but my copy is showing up as BL+FEL+RPU just fine. Are you sure you're opening the title that's labeled as "Terminator: Dark Fate - 20 chapter(s), 58.3 GB". Otherwise, double check the version of your makemkv.
I'm running 1.15.3 and I think I've found the problem. There are two UHD 4K Bluray disks out there in the market. One is UK/Australia which is HDR only, and the other is a USA version which has Dolby Vision. I've lucked out when I bought it from Amazon and received a UK/Australia version without Dolby Vision :(. Makes no sense to me why there are two different disc versions for exactly the same movie.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Larrikin wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:58 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Larrikin wrote:

I'm running 1.15.3 and I think I've found the problem. There are two UHD 4K Bluray disks out there in the market. One is UK/Australia which is HDR only, and the other is a USA version which has Dolby Vision. I've lucked out when I bought it from Amazon and received a UK/Australia version without Dolby Vision :(. Makes no sense to me why there are two different disc versions for exactly the same movie.
Correct. I just checked mine and the Aussie version does not have DV.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Sparky101

Post by Sparky101 »

Larrikin wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:58 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Larrikin wrote:

Different studios in different regions is the answer. Paramount released it in the US, 20th Century Fox in the UK.
kavie87

Post by kavie87 »

I have the ExoPlayer working. Is there a code I can put in to make any MKV ply automatically using exoplayer? At the moment I need to go down to play movie using... on Kodi. Would love to find a way to eliminate that.
ktibor69

Post by ktibor69 »

shawnc22 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:29 pm
yusesope wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:13 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:58 pm
Hey shawnc22,if you still have the apk that I sent you the other day (I deleted our conversation and I can no longer find the link) you can also upload it now!
This way you make everyone happy!
Thank you!
Sure of course. Here is the latest version of yusecope's modified ExoPlayer apk:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/581a34 ... 917/ba7865

Please note that I have only tested short sample clips made from makemkv 1.15.2 and not a full length title. Also this has only been tested on the 2019 Shield Pro, so YMMV on other Android devices. And finally, all credit goes to yusecope and thanks again for the great work :).
Can you reshare the latest yusecope's modified ExoPlayer apk? I would like to install it into FireTV 4k under Kodi.
pistachiomatt

Post by pistachiomatt »

How can I disable Dolby Vision muxing? This one mux is producing overly saturated results and I want to generate a non-Vision HDR version to a/b test.
Larrikin

Post by Larrikin »

pistachiomatt wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:52 am
How can I disable Dolby Vision muxing? This one mux is producing overly saturated results and I want to generate a non-Vision HDR version to a/b test.
Why not just use an earlier version of MakeMKV prior to it supporting Dolby Vision?
pistachiomatt

Post by pistachiomatt »

Tried that. Earlier versions (even the immediate preceding one) require a registration code.

But! I realised Plex could play the stream files without muxing, so I was able to compare— this Dolby Vision blu-ray remuxed into an mkv, played on Infuse on Apple TV, on a TV that doesn't support Dolby Vision looks crazy saturated and wrong.
Sparky101

Post by Sparky101 »

pistachiomatt wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:15 am
Tried that. Earlier versions (even the immediate preceding one) require a registration code.

But! I realised Plex could play the stream files without muxing, so I was able to compare— this Dolby Vision blu-ray remuxed into an mkv, played on Infuse on Apple TV, on a TV that doesn't support Dolby Vision looks crazy saturated and wrong.
Probably because the Apple TV doesn't support the profile that MakeMKV etc. are using to mux DV into an MKV file. Apple TV only supports Profile 5 from this - https://www.apple.com/ca/apple-tv-4k/specs/. MakeMKV is outputting Profile 7 from a UHD disc from my understanding.
eblackadder

Post by eblackadder »

I'm trying to make dolby vision work with the modified exo player from yusesope. Now i want to put the playercorefactory.xml in Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ but when i want to copy it with a file manager i see only Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files. The directory files is empty. Do i have to add the other 2 folders(.kodi/userdata/) manually or do i something wrong?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I found it already. They were hidden folders. The mkv's made with MKV 1.15.3 works great with the modified exo player and this config file. Thanks a lot !
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

Hello Gents, download link for modified ExoPlayer for Kodi isn't working anymore, would it be possible to re-share it? Thanks!
eblackadder

Post by eblackadder »

Sgt Hartman wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:45 am
Hello Gents, download link for modified ExoPlayer for Kodi isn't working anymore, would it be possible to re-share it? Thanks!
I hope that it's allowed to reshare. All credits of this wonderful version goes to Yusesope. Here is a link
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/93b630 ... 206/137672

Enjoy it!
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

eblackadder wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:07 am
I hope that it's allowed to reshare. All credits of this wonderful version goes to Yusesope. Here is a link
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/93b630 ... 206/137672

Enjoy it!
Thanks buddy!
4knewbie

Post by 4knewbie »

Do you think that someday plex will just be able to analyze a random mkv and play it with dv if it contains a dolby vision layer as a second video track ?