Anyone interested in anonymous payment options?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Post Reply
fonsiglock
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:00 am

Anyone interested in anonymous payment options?

Post by fonsiglock » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:11 pm

I would gladly pay for MakeMKV, to support the project financially (and to obtain a non-expiring license of course :mrgreen: ).

My problem is that I'm a bit paranoid about the authorities in my country of residence, where MakeMKV is illegal. Of course it shouldn't be illegal, especially not if it's just to circumvent stupid limitations of BDs that you bought, like using subtitles that the publisher chose not to include on the disk. Unfortunately, common sense doesn't matter in these things. Search warrants get issued for trivial reasons, just like this.

So, I would appreciate being able to buy this program without leaving a paper trail leading back to me.

If I'm not alone with these reservations, it might make sense for GuinpinSoft to consider thinking about a solution for this problem.

What do you all think?

Woodstock
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Anyone interested in anonymous payment options?

Post by Woodstock » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:40 am

No (electronic) paper trail is kind of hard to do, if you want to get the license key that doesn't expire (it's emailed to you).
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

fonsiglock
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:00 am

Re: Anyone interested in anonymous payment options?

Post by fonsiglock » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Woodstock wrote:No (electronic) paper trail is kind of hard to do, if you want to get the license key that doesn't expire (it's emailed to you).
Oh, I don't think there would be problems that can't be solved. The currently interesting question is, would it make sense for GuinpinSoft to divert resources into implementing a solution?

Judging from this thread's ratio of Views/Replies, I guess not: It doesn't seem like anyone sees a problem here except me.

Woodstock
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Anyone interested in anonymous payment options?

Post by Woodstock » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:56 pm

It would involve significant resources. Did you see where Silk Road, which used TOR network and Bitcoins to try to keep drug deals anonymous, was taken down this week?
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

mike admin
Posts: 3603
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am
Contact:

Re: Anyone interested in anonymous payment options?

Post by mike admin » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:38 am

Avangate supports tons of payment options (really). They even accept some sort of cards that you can buy for cash in 7-11 stores. And obviously they accept prepaid visa/mc cards, and there are many ways to get them anonymously.
Your key will be sent to any email address you specify.

lloydsmart
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:19 am

Re: Anyone interested in anonymous payment options?

Post by lloydsmart » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:11 pm

I'd be interested in anonymous payment options. Specifically, Bitcoin.

The ideal method would be to accept payment in Bitcoin, and have the key and receipt encrypted with my gpg key (publicly available) and emailed to me. And it would be preferable to complete this transaction directly with the seller, rather than going through an intermediary payment processor.

fonsiglock
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:00 am

Re: Anyone interested in anonymous payment options?

Post by fonsiglock » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:37 pm

mike admin wrote:Avangate supports tons of payment options (really). They even accept some sort of cards that you can buy for cash in 7-11 stores. And obviously they accept prepaid visa/mc cards, and there are many ways to get them anonymously.
Your key will be sent to any email address you specify.
You are right!

I finally took a leap of faith today, paid with UKASH bought in a tobacco store, and had the license key mailed to a throwaway email address on hidemyass.com.

I was pretty nervous whether the whole thing would work at all, but it was totally glitchless :mrgreen:

(Just a little success story to encourage others who might be sitting on the fence for the same reasons as I did.)

SammyAlex
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 7:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Anyone interested in anonymous payment options?

Post by SammyAlex » Sun May 05, 2019 7:08 am

lloydsmart wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:11 pm
I'd be interested in anonymous payment options. Specifically, Bitcoin.

The ideal method would be to accept payment in Bitcoin, and have the key and receipt encrypted with my gpg key (publicly available) and emailed to me. And it would be preferable to complete this transaction directly with the seller, rather than going through an intermediary payment processor.
Actually, Bitcoin is not as anonymous as you are thinking, for ordinary users, it's a great anonymity, for large numbers of transactions are monitored and checked! Read bitcoin forums to get more info on bitcoin

Post Reply